These Choc Mint Energy Bites don’t really need an introduction, but Ill give you one anyway because not giving you one would just make me not a very nice person.
Energy bites are probably one of the most sorted after snack options (says google) because they are quick and easy to make, portable, sharable and totally fashionable for every single situation (okay, maybe not every single situation because that could get awkward and weird) but they say any type of energy ball/bar/bite – whatever, should be eaten in moderation, right? WELL….. what if I told you, you could eat these as often as you like because Ive come up with a version full of good-for-you stuff? Mmmhm, Uh-uh, good-for-you stuff that you can eat as often as you like! How about that!
Before I get to the important part (the recipe, duh) I should probably mention why they are so good!
The ultimate and addictive combination of chocolate + mint blended with some the finest ingredients will boost your energy levels in a few minutes; their all natural sugar, which automatically makes them healthier than the supermarkets; gluten-free; naturally high in protein; packed with antioxidants and magnesium for a quick post-workout devour; they have a ooey-gooey soft-minty flavour on your first bite; and can even be transformed into chic-mint-choc-dipped cookies for a luscious dessert.
“OMG how do I make these yummy choc mint energy bites”, you ask…
Choc Mint Energy Bites
Makes: 12 Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, DRAINED (important – you don’t want extra moisture)
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1.5 tsp cacao powder (i used organic)
- 1 tsp peppermint essence/extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder (optional)
- Add all ingredients into food processor (or blender) and pulse for 1 minute
- Process until 1 large choc-mint ball is formed round the blade
- Remove from processor and separate and roll into 12 individual bite-sized balls.
- (optional) Choose 3 different coatings (pepitas, goji berries, chocolate, chia, coconut) and cover ½ of balls in them.
- Freeze or refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Enjoy, store leftovers in the freezer or fridge where you can access them on-the-go
Like it? Share this post below to let your friends know! Make sure to follow me on instagram for more recipes like these!