I want to eat nothing but sweet potato chips for the rest of my life.
Seriously, these are so. addictive. Sweet and full of flavour, all in the one bite. Very irresistible.
They are pretty hot in the nutritional value department too. One small sweet potato (100g) provides an excellent amount of:
- iron – red blood cell production and strengthens immunity
- magnesium – relaxation and anti-stress
- calcium – all body functions
- vitamin C – immune health and healthy skin (supports collagen growth)
- potassium – regulate heart beat and muscle contraction
- fibre – 2x more than oats
- vitamin A – health eye sight, skin, strong joints, immune function, egg reproduction
AND their natural sugars are slowly released into the bloodstream, helping to ensure a balanced and regular source of energy, without the blood sugar spikes linked to fatigue, weight gain and diabetes…. I knew they were ranked the #1 vegetable for a reason!
Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- herbs and spices – I used all spice, turmeric,
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into sticks . Try and make sure they are cut similar so they can cook evenly.
- Toss the uncooked fries in a mixing bowl or bag with herbs and spices, salt and olive oil until evenly coated.
- Prepare a dark baking tray with non-stick baking paper and foil and arrange fries so they aren’t over crowded or bundled so they can crisp up.
- Bake for 15 minutes on one side then flip them (i found a spatula works best) and bake for a further 10 minutes until they are slightly brown and puffed.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy hot on their own, as a side with protein or dipped into homemade guacamole.
Volia! Sweet potato fries are now ready! Enjoy, and remember.. I did warn you they’re addictive……
Please let me know how you go if you are making them. I’d love to hear if you did anything different (i.e.: add different herbs) and if YOU got addicted! 🙂 Leave a comment below, tag #bodyofnature on Instagram or post on BON Facebook wall.
Yours eating sweet potato chips right now,