Oh my goodness! You’ll be in Chocolate heaven once you’ve tried these!
Before I get to that, I have some good news!.. I have officially written 20 posts and reached 20 subscribers! YAY! It doesn’t sound like a lot but every subscriber is another ‘naturer’ I can share my passion and love with! So THANKYOU to those who have subscribed- I feel humbled and honoured to have your support and kindness! I appreciate you all!
Back to Chocolate heaven… You may have noticed I’m a bit of a REAL and RAW chocolate lover- the good stuff with cacao, not cocoa, of course! However, IN SAYING THAT… you MAY or MAY NOT find me indulging in a row of crunchy cadbury once in a while 🙈🙊
The best thing about this recipe?… Its chocolate, duh! Haha but seriously, its very simple and you can personalise it by including your own superfood additions (see below for ideas) to make all sorts of delicious combinations and flavours. (Yes, you can add a little popping candy and totally not feel guilty about it!)
Just a QUICK NOTE before you get adventurous: Make sure your equipment is super dooper dry before you begin because water and chocolate are not friends!
DAIRY FREE RAW CHOCOLATE
- ½ cup cacao butter, melted
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup/honey or agave nectar (sweeteners)
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- In a bowl, use a wooden spoon to mix cacao butter, cacao and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add sweetener of choice and stir vigorously until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking tray, roughly 2 cm thick. Place into freezer for 10 minutes or until chocolate is solid. LOVERS NOTE: you can use a heart chocolate mould if you prefer to have cute portion-sized heart bites to romantically share with your other half
- Crack chocolate into pieces and serve cold.
- Store in a seal-tight container in the freezer. Chocolate lasts up to 2 months.
If you like extra crunch, crush activated nuts (below) and sprinkle them on the baking paper and pour the chocolate over the top. You can also mix them through.
- activated nuts: hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, macadamias, brazil nuts, pepitas
- raw cacao nibs
- quinoa puffs
- dried fruit: goji berries, mulberries, sultanas, cherries, blueberries, dried ginger, cranberries, coconut
- edible rose petals
Love this recipe? Perhaps you’d also love my Chocolate Bliss Balls, Choc Mint Bites or Quinoa Pancakes . For exclusive recipes and more, FOLLOW BON on Instagram: bodyofnature and Facebook: BodyOfNatureNutrition and SUBSCRIBE at the top right-hand corner of this page.