Yep- I did it! I ate pancakes TWICE in one day! First, as a post workout then as a dessert. How do I feel? so sickkkkkkkk
This is how it went down (in disjointed short sequence): I went out for dinner to Lazy Moes with family and friends and was asked if I wanted to try some banana pancakes with walnuts and maple syrup. “Uhhhhhh, I’m not sure. I just ate like 200g of grilled fish and salad…” “C’mon at least try it..” “Okay. Fine. But tomorrow I know I’m going to feel it..” so I dug in and ended up eating ¼ of the EXTREMELY LARGE pancake (+ icecream 🙈)… So to say, I felt it this morning.
Check it out:
Yo, imagine eating that whole thing!.. Yikes!
Did I enjoy it? Hell yeah!.. Do I feel guilty? Hell no!.. Am I going to run it off? No… because I can’t run… But will I squat it off? Probably..
All in all it was a pretty good pancake and I enjoyed it, even though it’s not something I would usually eat… Well from a restaurant anyway. But here IS something I would eat:
Blueberry + Strawberry Pancakes
GLUTEN, DIARY FREE | HIGH PROTEIN | CLEAN.
- 2 eggs, whole
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup steel cut Gluten Free oats
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 strawberries, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter (i used organic)
- handful of blueberries
- In a blender, blend oats, arrowroot flour and baking powder (dry ingredients)
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and bananas (wet ingredients)
- Add dry ingredients and blueberries into the wet ingredients and stir until smooth consistency
- Let mixture sit for 2-3 minutes to thicken. While waiting, melt coconut oil in small frypan on LOW heat.
- Using a large spoon, scoop pancake mixture into pan and cook for 2 minutes each side.
- Serve on plate and enjoy with peanut butter and strawberries on top.
Note: If pancake mixture begins to bubble, flip over | For extra flavour add coconut or peanut butter into wet ingredients